We are eager to reopen our schools on March 1. As a reminder, we will welcome students back with a phased approach:
March 1: Grades PreK-5, 6, 9, 12
March 8: Grades 7, 11
March 15: Grades 8, 10
**Please note: Students who plan to continue in Racine Virtual Learning are not impacted by these changes.
Updates for ALL Students
- Start and End Times: Beginning Monday, March 1 - ALL students will return to the normal school year start and end times. These can be found here. Please note, some schools will have modified start and end times to accommodate for physical distancing on our buses.
- Remote/Asynchronous Wednesdays: Beginning March 3, Wednesdays will be asynchronous remote learning days. Your child's teacher(s) will provide direction on what students should be working on from home. **Students who receive special education services will also be remote/asynchronous on Wednesdays unless your IEP team has determined that in-person instruction is necessary.
- Meal Distribution: Starting March 3, meal distribution will take place on Wednesdays ONLY (5 days of meals including breakfast, lunch and snack) from 4-6:00 p.m. at Starbuck IB Middle School (1516 Ohio St.).
Resources for Students Returning to School In-Person
- Safety Protocol video: This video will provide you and yur child an overview of the safety protocol that will be in place at all schools.
- Busing information: If your child plans to ride the bus, please visit your Infinite Campus Parent Portal to find your bus route information. Please note, route times may change as we make modifications to routes for safety.
- Daily self-screening: Please review Can My Student Go To School Today? daily and follow the arrows to determine if it is safe for your child to attend.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Answers to common questions will be posted here. (en español)
- RUSD Face Mask Expectations: Please review with your child prior to March 1.
Important! Please make sure your contact information is up to date in the Infinite Campus Parent Portal so you receive all important information.
- Don’t have a Parent Portal account? Click here for step-by-step directions to set one up.
- Need help updating information? Click here for more information.
If you have specific school-based questions (e.g. What will passing time look like?), please contact your school principal. He/she will be happy to provide that information.
Students and staff members, when we return to in-person learning it will be crucial to perform a self-screening for COVID-19 before you leave your home each morning. This will help determine if you should be in the classroom that day.
Please follow the guidelines in the links below.