You are invited to the Horlick Renaissance Feast! With excellent food, song, and dance you don’t want to miss it!
RACINE, WI - The Horlick Vocal Music Department at the Academies of Racine-Horlick is proud to announce the return of its Annual Renaissance Feast, celebrating its 45th year.
Travel back to 1588 and to the court of Queen Elizabeth I. Filled with song, dance, revelry, and humor, enjoy the music of the time period along with some new pieces that ring in the season.
The Renaissance feast has been a staple of the Racine Community since 1976. The Madrigal Dinner is a Musical Medieval Feast. It is an American form of dinner theater often performed during the Christmas season. It is set in the Middle Ages and is generally comedic in nature. The meal is divided into courses, each of which is heralded with a traditional song. A play is performed between the courses and a concert of choral music concludes the festivities. The food is provided by Danny’s Catering and O&H Bakery.
This event features the students of the Academies of Racine - Horlick Vocal, Instrumental, and theater programs under the direction of Mr. Brain Plehn, do not miss the opportunity to see this fantastic evening of theater.
Information about the Event
- Tickets are available by visiting horlickchoirs.org
- Under the direction of Brian Plehn
- 70+ student performers involved
- Performances will be held in the Great Hall at The DeKoven Center in Racine WI
- December 9th, 10th, 11th, 16th and 17th, 2022
- Seating opens at 6pm on Friday and Saturday and 2:30 pm on Sunday.
- The program will start at 6:30 pm on Friday and Saturday, and it will start at 3:00 pm on Sunday.
- More information can be found on our Facebook Page and Instagram.