Fair warning. Reading this article will make you hungry! The culinary students at Case High School are hosting a “food truck” festival Wednesday, April 26 from 5:00-7:30 at the school (7345 Washington Ave.).
The students have been brainstorming, taste-testing and are ready to welcome the community in to experience their amazing creations. Here is the lineup so far:
- Demeters: Gyro smash burger, pickled red onions, lemon tzatziki ranch
- R.E.M.N.: Tostada,chicken tinga, refried beans, lettuce, cilantro lime sour cream, green sauce
- Federal Crime Rolls: Philly steak, provolone, kimchi, wrapped in a yeast roll.
- Hanoi Subs: Bahn Mi, Vietnamese pork belly, pickled vegetables, sriracha mayo, crunchy baguette
- Birria El Ray: Ramen, birria broth, short rib, cilantro, onion, avocado, quesadilla cheese
- Wrappers Delight: Lettuce wrap, teriyaki chicken, water chestnuts, carrot, bell pepper
- Stacked: Green chili shredded pork, Canadian bacon, sliced pickle, muenster and pepper jack cheeses
- El Asador: Taco, carne asada, mango salsa, avocado sauce
- Smokin Grub: Smoked pork loin, bacon, jalapeno corn coleslaw, honey and barbecue drizzle
Tickets are $5 for one truck, $12 for three trucks or $30 for ten trucks. Tickets are available on Ticket Spicket or by clicking on this like: http://news.rusd.org/3J5v7pj