In April 2020, the Racine community voted to support a referendum that will impact every school and every student in RUSD. The referendum will fund the projects planned through the District's Long-Range Facilities Master Plan. Our long-range plan uses a three-pronged approach to improve student achievement:
- Strong Academics
- Resources Aligned to our Vision
- Excellent Learning Environment
We are grateful for the community's support and ready to get to work implementing our plan which will:
- Invest in STEAM spaces and curriculum across the District to improve math and science achievement. This includes a brand new Red Apple STEAM elementary school in the city of Racine.
- Enhance and expand the Academies of Racine to ensure all students graduate college or career ready.
- Creating learning experiences in kindergarten through eighth grade that align and prepare students for the academies.
- Provide the 21st-century technology our students need to be successful.
- Create new K-8s and smaller middle schools, allowing us to provide positive learning environments for every middle school student.
- Expand Starbuck to create a K-8 International Baccalaureate campus.
- Create flexible classroom spaces to provide students hands-on, project-based learning opportunities.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org