2023 Summer School Extended Learning registration is now closed.
Who should attend?
Students in grades K-8 (no 4K students) are eligible to participate in the after school program. Space is limited at each site.
2023 Extended Learning Sites
- Fratt Elementary, 3501 Kinzie Ave.
- Gilmore Fine Arts, 2330 Northwestern Ave.
- Knapp Elementary, 2701 17th St.
- Mitchell School, 2701 Drexel Ave.
- Olympia Brown Elementary, 2115 5 1/2 Mile Rd.
- Wadewitz Elementary, 2700 Yout St.
- Gifford School, 8332 Northwestern Ave. (3/7 - Extended Learning is full at Gifford. Applicants will be added to a waiting list.)
Extended Learning programming is offered Monday through Thursday from 11:55 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Dates follow the daytime school schedule (June 19 - July 27).
Students will be placed in small groups based by grade/age and participate in programming to excite and motivate them.
A snack will be offered daily. We encourage families to send a water bottle with your child each day.
Extended learning fees follow the District’s lunch status structure: $35 for free status, $50 for reduced and $65 for all others. This covers all six weeks of summer school. If you have not filled out this year's Alternative Household Income Form yet, you can do that here. (En español)
For more information about Summer School Extended Learning, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-664-6990.