Our application is designed to give you the most reliable information and timely notifications about various IS Department functions and outages. We want you to understand how we’re using information and how you can protect your privacy.
Information we collect
- Device information
We collect device-specific information (such as your phone model, operating system version, unique device identifier, and network information)
- Log information
When you use our services, we automatically collect and store device-specific information in our server logs. This includes:
- Internet protocol address
- app event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of any usage
- Location information
We collect and process information about your physical location using the GPS capabilities of your device. We use multiple technologies to determine location, including IP address and other sensors
- Cookies and similar technologies
We and our partners use various technologies to collect and store information, and this may include using cookies or similar technologies to identify your browser or device. We also use these technologies to collect and store information only when you use our applications. We also use Google Analytics to help us analyze the data.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from our services to provide, maintain and improve them.
Information we share
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of our company unless one of the following circumstances applies:
- With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our company when we have your explicit consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of our company if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our company, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.