Election District 3 Board Vacancy
The Board of Education is currently seeking a qualified elector to fill the vacancy by Ms. Dulce Cervantes representing Election District 3, as of Jan. 12, 2023. The eligible individual will fill the vacancy under a term of office that shall expire on April 23, 2023.
Any person who is a resident and qualified elector of Election District 3 and who desires to be considered for appointment to this public office must file a letter of interest, resume or curriculum vitae, Declaration of Candidacy and Campaign Finance Registration Statement at the Office of the Superintendent located at 3109 Mt. Pleasant Street, Building 1, Racine, Wisconsin 53404 or via email to Elizabeth Tobias, Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Declaration of Candidacy and Campaign Finance Registration Statement forms as well as geographic boundary of Election District 3 may be found by scrolling down on this webpage. Following the conclusion of the appointee’s term of office, it is expected that an elected successor (who shall be elected at the April 2023 spring election) will assume office on April 24, 2023 with a term ending on April 27, 2026.
To ensure consideration, any such filing must be received in the Office of the Superintendent prior to 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023. The letter of interest shall minimally address the following:
- The name, residential address, email address, and telephone number of the potential appointee.
- The reason(s) that the candidate wants to serve on the Board of Education.
Following the deadline for receipt of letters of interest, the Board of Education will review all submissions and nominate candidates during a Special Board Meeting on Monday, Jan. 30 at 6:00 p.m. The Board intends to interview one or more nominated candidates at a Special Board Meeting yet to be scheduled and plans to fill the vacancy from the pool of interviewees.
Questions can be directed to Elizabeth Tobias at (262) 631-7064 or email@example.com.
Spring Election 2023
Board of Education seats in Election Districts 2, 3, and 7 are up for election on April 4, 2023.
The term of office for these districts are three years beginning on April 24, 2023 and ending April 26, 2026. Qualified candidates must file as a candidate for an identified Election District and must reside in the Election District from which they are elected.
To determine which RUSD Election District you live in, follow these steps:
- Click here to find your ward
- Click here to see which election district your voting ward is in and which election districts are up for election this year.
ELECTION DATES & DEADLINES
- Dec. 1, 2022 First Day that Nomination Papers May be Circulated for Signatures. Not less than 100, nor more than 200 are required.
- Jan. 3, 2023 Deadline for Filing Declaration of Candidacy, Campaign Registration Statement, and Nomination Papers must be filed no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Feb. 21, 2023 Spring Primary Election (if necessary)
- April 4, 2023 Spring Election
BALLOT ACCESS DOCUMENTS
- Ballot Access Checklist for 2023 School District Candidates
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Nomination Paper for Nonpartisan Office
- Campaign Finance Registration Statement
- Guide for Candidates - Wisconsin Association for School Boards
- Contact Elizabeth Tobias, Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections, at 262.631.7064 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Campaign Finance questions, please contact the Wisconsin Ethics Commission directly at 608.266.8123 or via email at CampaignFinance@wi.gov
- For other election questions, please contact the Wisconsin Elections Commission at 608.266.8005 or via email at email@example.com
RUSD Election Districts
Click here for a detailed School Board Election Districts Map
Maps are for illustrative purposes. To find if an address is in a particular ward and election district, see the state web site for voter address search and use the ward to election district cross reference.