RUSD Board to Fill Vacant School Board Seat
The RUSD Board of Education is working to fill the District 3 vacancy created by Board member Dr. Michael Frontier whose resignation was effective March 16, 2021. The position must be filled within 30 days of Dr. Frontier’s resignation.
Community members who live in District 3 and are interested in being considered for the position should submit a letter of interest with a resume or CV to Elizabeth Tobias (firstname.lastname@example.org / 262-631-7064) by 4 p.m. on Wednesday, March 24. The letter of interest shall minimally address the following:
- The name, residential address, email address, and telephone number of the potential appointee.
- The reason(s) that the candidate wants to serve on the Board of Education.
Following the deadline for receipt of letters of interest, the Board will review all submissions and nominate candidates during a Special Board Meeting on Monday, March 29, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. The Board intends to interview one or more nominated candidates at a Special Board Meeting yet to be scheduled and plans to fill the vacancy from the pool of interviewees. Please click here to view the vacancy notice in its entirety.
Board of Education seats in Election Districts 4, 5, and 6 are up for election in April 2021. The term of office is three years beginning on April 26, 2021 and ending April 22, 2024.
Candidates must file as a candidate for an identified Election District and must reside in the Election District from which they are elected.
To determine which RUSD Election District you live in, follow these steps:
- Click here to find your ward
- Click here to see which election district your voting ward is in and which election districts are up for election this year.
BOARD OF EDUCATION CANDIDATE INFORMATION & FORMS
All ballot access forms are due by 5:00 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2021
- Declaration of Candidacy
- Campaign Registration Statement
- Nomination Papers
- Ballot Access Checklist
- Campaign Finance Checklist
- Wisconsin Association of School Boards Guide for Candidates
ELECTION DATES & DEADLINES
- Dec. 1, 2020 First Day that Nomination Papers May be Circulated for Signatures. Not less than 100, nor more than 200 are required.
- Jan. 5, 2021 Deadline for Filing Declaration of Candidacy, Campaign Registration Statement, and Nomination Papers must be filed no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Feb. 16, 2021 Spring Primary Election (if necessary)
- April 6, 2021 Spring Election
NEED AN APPOINTMENT?
Due to the current City of Racine public health order, appointments may be made with Elizabeth Tobias, Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections, by calling 262.631.7064 or sending an email to email@example.com. These appointments may be used for picking up new candidate packets or submitting completed candidate forms. As always, completed forms may be mailed directly to the Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections at 3109 Mt. Pleasant Street, Racine, WI 53404. Please note: mailed documents must be received by the deadline of 5 p.m. on Jan. 5, 2021.
- Contact Elizabeth Tobias, Deputy Clerk for School Board Elections, at 262.631.7064 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Campaign Finance questions, please contact the Wisconsin Ethics Commission directly at 608.266.8123 or via email at CampaignFinance@wi.gov
- For other election questions, please contact the Wisconsin Elections Commission at 608.266.8005 or via email at email@example.com
RUSD Election Districts
Maps are for illustrative purposes. To find if an address is in a particular ward and election district, see the state web site for voter address search and use the ward to election district cross reference.