The Health Science department provides courses and other learning opportunities that:
- Prepare students for health care employment with a focus on core skill standards.
- Prepare students to transition from school to work or to continue with post-secondary educational options.
- Provides students with life management, employment and career development skills.
- Provide students the option to acquire user specialist certifications.
- Provide students with the ability to develop employability skills to comply with SCANS (Secretary’s Commission on Achieving Necessary Skill, US Dept. of Labor).
Hospital Support Services
Courses in support services will help prepare students who may be interested in careers such as:
- Biomedical/Clinical Engineer
- Biomedical/Clinical Technician
- Central Services Manager
- Dietary Aide
- Environmental Health and Safety Technician
- Environmental Services Manager
- Facilities Manager
- Food Service Administrator
- Hospital Maintenance Engineer
- Industrial Hygienist
- Material Agent/Manager
- Transport Technician
Courses in therapeutic services will help prepare students who may be interested in careers such as:
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dental Assistant/Hygienist
- Dental Lab Technician
- Home Health Aide
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Pharmacist/Pharmacy Tech
- Physical Therapist/Assistant
- Athletic Trainer
- Respiratory Therapist
- Surgical Technician