The Racine Unified School District School Age Parenting Program (SAPAR) is available to all students, male or female, under the age of 21 years who are not a high school graduate and are a parent, an expectant parent or have been pregnant during the last 120 days.
The goals of the RUSD SAPAR program include:
- Retaining pregnant and parenting students in school
- Promoting academic progress
- Increasing knowledge of child development and parenting skills
- Improving decision-making regarding healthy choices
- Preventing subsequent teen pregnancies
- Preventing child abuse and neglect, including that of the teen mother
- Assisting to get post-secondary education and/or employment
RUSD has two registered nurses (RN) for the SAPAR program. Each RNs has an extensive background in prenatal and postpartum care, labor and delivery, newborn/infant care and teaching parenting skills. These nurses follow the students throughout their enrollment in SAPAR from entry to exit no matter where the student is in the District.
Michelle Alkinburgh, RN
Ashlee Anzalone, RN