The U.S. Army Junior Reserve Officer Training Corps (JROTC) is a program offered to high schools that teaches students character education, student achievement, wellness, leadership, and diversity. It is a cooperative effort between the U.S. Army and the high schools to produce successful students and citizens, while fostering in each school a more constructive and disciplined learning environment.
The outcomes of the JROTC program are:
- Act with integrity and personal accountability as they lead others to succeed in a diverse and global workforce
- Engage civic and social concerns in the community, government, and society
- Graduate prepared to excel in post-secondary options and career pathways
- Make decisions that promote positive social, emotional, and physical health
- Value the role of the military and other service organizations
With the school’s support, the JROTC program achieves these outcomes by using a world-class 21st Century, technology driven, student centered curriculum. The curriculum consists of education in citizenship, leadership, social and communication skills, physical fitness and wellness, geography, and civics.
The Army JROTC Mission
“To Motivate Young People to be Better Citizens.”
The Army JROTC Vision
JROTC will provide a quality citizenship, character, and leadership development program, while fostering partnerships with communities and educational institutions.
The JROTC Cadet Creed
- I am an Army Junior ROTC Cadet.
- I will always conduct myself to bring credit to my family, country, school and the Corps of Cadets.
- I am loyal and patriotic.
- I am the future of the United States of America.
- I do not lie, cheat or steal and will always be accountable for my actions and deeds.
- I will always practice good citizenship and patriotism.
- I will work hard to improve my mind and strengthen my body.
- I will seek the mantle of leadership and stand prepared to uphold the Constitution and the American way of life.
- May God grant me the strength to always live by this creed
Guadalupe Berrios Jr.
Sergeant First Class (Ret.), USA