At Virtual Learning we offer special education services to our students in small group and one on one settings. Our students are able to work closely with their special education teachers to find success within their class work and academic goals.
SPECIALLY DESIGNED INSTRUCTION:
Your child will meet in a one on one or small group setting in order to get the most appropriate instruction for his/her needs. These meets are mandatory and set by the special education teachers based on the goals and academic areas.
- DROP IN TIME: High school offers a virtual resource as a way for students to get additional assistance. This meet occurs 1-2 times a week and is on a drop in basis. It is provided as another resource for students to receive help with their coursework.
- FLEXIBILITY: Students are able to work at their own pace with guided due dates.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Students have designated meets with their teachers (regular education and special education) to assist with work and meet Specially Designed Instruction minutes/progress within their goals. Attendance is taken during these meets and they are mandatory.
SETTING YOURSELF UP FOR SUCCESS:
- Attend and Participate in ALL meetings
- Creating a schedule that works for YOU
- Advocate for yourself when you need help
Communication Options for Families
(Click HERE to enlarge image)
If you have specific questions about Special Education Services within the Virtual Learning please feel free to contact any of the following Special Education teachers and we would be more than happy to assist you!
Emily Tippett (Elementary/Middle School) email@example.com
Rebecca Heether (High School) firstname.lastname@example.org
Jessica Srnka (High School) email@example.com