Welcome Parents & Guardians
In Wisconsin, you have more choices than ever when it comes to your child's education. Open enrollment laws allow public school students access to resources from districts around the state.
The Online Environment
Coursework is rigorous and includes a sequence of learning in the format of individual learning that allows our students the ability to work at their own pace within the 16 week semester. Students communicate with their teacher in a variety of ways:
- chat sessions
- remote meetings
Also, we provide you and your student with an in person orientation to help ensure you are both comfortable navigating the online courses.
We understand for many, learning online is a new experience. We have multiple layers of support to help students experience success.
- An orientation
- A full time virtual learning coordinator and mentor
- An easy to navigate course design and structure consistent through the entire program regardless of the teacher or class
- Knowledgeable and trained teachers along with the student's counselor
- Google classrooms are also provided for teacher and resource access
Parent & Guardian Supports
We understand that learning online is a new experience for parents and guardians, too. We are also here to support our parents and guardians to provide a positive experience. Some immediate tips to help engage students in online learning and promote their success include:
- Introduce yourself to your student's assigned teachers
- Discuss your student's progress daily and check it with your personal login
- Encourage your student to find an organized and comfortable place to work
- Evaluate your student's time management strategies and help them set a daily work schedule
- Have your student teach you something they learned
- Invite your student to show you their work inside Genius, BrainHoney and Buzz
- Help your student advocate for themselves
Parent & Guardian Access to Genius (Click the Picture Below)