SCJ Website Logo



Opened in 1955, the school is named after Samuel C. Johnson (1833-1919), founder of SC Johnson Wax, a distinguished Racine company and a benefactor of educational projects in the area.  

The school is laid out in three clusters: one for classrooms K-2, another for 3-5, and the third for the administration and community center.  Additions to the school took place in 1960 and 1991.

The first principal of the school was Mr. Alfred Held.