Why Join the PTA?
It is good for your children!
- You are your children's most important role model. Showing your children you value their education will teach them to value it as well.
- Research has shown that children whose parents are involved in their school get better results and have fewer disciplinary problems.
It is good for you!
- At PTA meetings you can have a voice. You can raise concerns, suggest ideas and provide input into how funds are spent.
- You will meet like-minded people and make new friends; there is a social side too! It’s not all work.
- Whether you want to organize an event or simply help when your schedule allows, you can utilize your existing skills, hobbies, and most likely acquire some new ones too!
- Most importantly you will be in the know! You will be on the pulse of what is going on in school and get to know other parents and members of Staff better.
It is good for the school!
- Schools are becoming more and more dependent on PTA's for fundraising revenue to supplement the school budget.
- You will play an important role in helping the school to acquire key resources as well as reward the children with some well-earned treats, school-wide events and educational materials.
- Your PTA provides money directly to each and every classroom; insuring that the materials needed are there, and that teachers can count on us for help and support!
To join the Gifford School PTA, please follow these simple steps:
Complete the mandatory online WINGS Volunteer Application. This must be done annually.
Click here to sign up and join PTA - https://giffordschoolpta.memberhub.store/